[MantaReport] Friday, 12-13-13, Two Mantas At Garden Eel Cove

Keller Laros kellerlaros at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 13:04:17 PST 2013

Friday, 12-13-13, Two Mantas At Garden Eel Cove
No mantas on the afternoon dive.  The water was exceptionally clear.
Visibility well over 100 feet.  Really really clear water!
Just after sunset a manta breached right above the light circle and
anyone that was looking got a great surprise.
On the dive there was zero plankton at the circle and most divers and
snorkelers moved in very shallow in the hope of finding a location
where the mantas might stick around.  I saw Vallaray cruising beneath
our boat where the divers had settled.  She didn't feed but everyone
in the water got a nice view.  Later Ho Ray also cruised by.  He made
several more passes during the dive but plankton was zero.
I was told that there were four mantas at Keauhou on Thursday night.
I'm wondering how the results were on Friday?  Any one?
Thursday a BCD, Reg and tabk went missing at Garden Eels.  If anyone
finds them floating please report or return to Jack's.

Keller