[MantaReport] 6 mantas @ GEC - Tuesday, December 24th

Jonathan Davis - PhotoKona.com davis at photokona.com
Wed Dec 25 01:41:52 PST 2013

Aloha!

No mantas were seen on the afternoon dive. On the night dive we set up at the deep campfire use to very large swell.

6 mantas showed up:

2 males: Ho ray and Grayer

3 females: Vicky, Shirley, Vallaray and Kailey.

16 boats, 40 divers and about 70-80 snorks. Zero plankton at the campfire.

On another note, the boulders to which the middle outside mooring is connected have flipped over during the west swell we experienced last
Week. As a result the mooring ball now sits at 17 feet under the water.
Also, the line anchoring the ball to the  pins at the bottom is now situated in a way that may cause it chafe on the boulder if the boat is pulling in a certain direction.

Mele Kalikimaka!

Jonathan Davis

Jonathan Davis
www.PhotoKona.com