[MantaReport] mantas at GEC.29apr2014

luke mason octofishboy at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 15:38:51 PDT 2014

Nice conditions in the bay, managed to id koie, eli, peg and vallaray during afternoon dive.
I counted seven mantas on the night dive; timbuktu, shirley, koie, lefty, vallaray, peg and scilla.
There was probably more but nearly all the action was away from the campfire at the north mooring by lights attracting mantas to the back of their boat??
plankton was maybe a 1-2 at the campfire and about 3 when we moved to the inside sand patch.
about 12 boats
a hui hou tonight, luke.
Maybe if we try to have the north mooring occupied by someone intending to go to the campfire area there may be a better show for everyone, just a thought for whoever gets there first.