[MantaReport] 0 mantas at GEC 8/30/14

Info@KDC info at konadivingcompany.com
Sun Aug 31 14:56:30 PDT 2014

Aloha!

No mantas at GEC. Someone told me they saw one on the first dive.
Plankton was less than 1 most of the time.
I have been told there were 7-8 down south.
Boats: KDC, BID x 3, Neptune, Kona Honu, KOA x 1 and one private boat.

***While I was cruising on the reef with my divers, I left a light at the campfire so we will have something there if a manta comes by. When I went back to collect it, it was gone.
I am sure someone just picked it up by mistake...  it's a black Intova Super Nova plus, it was in the sand on the outside campfire on the north side on the rock circle.  I'm calling shops to ask around right now but I wanted to say that in a similar situation please make sure you grab you own lights and not someone else lights, especially if you see that divers are still cruising on the reef.

Thanks and good luck tonight!

Jordan Davis

KDC/MPRF