[MantaReport] 12 (maybe 13) mantas 12/19 at GEC

Info@KDC info at konadivingcompany.com
Sat Dec 20 14:09:59 PST 2014

Aloha!

I counted 4 female mantas:
Lefty, Koie, Shirley and Melainah. Keller told me he saw Mango as well but I didn't see her.
8 males:
Jordan, Tim, Blain, Grayer Vinny, Ho, KaiZed, and Mike.

Jordan has a new hook on his left wing. Its small but it's wedged in there pretty well. I wasn't able to get it out, but I did cut the line shorter. I think his body will reject it, so it might be better to not try pulling it out.

About 50 snorkelers (a lot of people went shallow so I couldn't really count) and 40 divers.
Conditions were a little rough we has 2-3 big rollers on the bottom.
Plankton at about 3 at the campfire.
At least 15 Boats: KDC, BID X 3, KOA, KHD, Jack's, Hawaii Oceanic, Ocean Spirit, Coral Reef, Miss Mojo, Splashers, Hang Loose, Sun Light, Neptune. Maybe a few more boats didn't make a list last night.

Good Luck tonight,

Jordan Davis

KDC/ Manta Pacific