[MantaReport] Daytime Manta sighting and lost wedding ring

Wanda.John Hodson wanda.john at live.com
Fri Dec 26 22:16:16 PST 2014

Aloha all,

Today we had 5 mantas, 2 females (one was Koie) and 3 males north of Garden Eel Cove, getting cleaned and feeding in the shallow reef which some call Mike's Reef.   After watching them come & go for about 10 minutes (2 stayed the whole time), the other 3 returned and looked to be forming a mating train.

Just before swimming into the shallows, we were in the deeper sandy bottom area (wow, did the swells do an awesome job on forming really cool sand patterns), when loads of spinner dolphins swam by.  After the excitement, one of our guests noticed he had lost his wedding band.  Attached is a photo.

I know it's a long shot but should anyone come across it, a big mahalo for contacting me so we can get it back to it's owner.

aloha,
Wanda