[MantaReport] HB 2380, relating to sharks and rays

Keller Laros kellerlaros at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 20:13:44 PST 2014

Aloha,
I wanted to alert you that HB 2380, relating to sharks and rays, has
been scheduled for a hearing this Friday February 7th at 8 a.m. in
room 325.  I encourage you to submit testimony.  This bill extends
protections that exist currently for only manta rays to other species
of rays and sharks.

Here is a link to the bill status, where you can access the full text
of the bill, view the hearing notice, and submit testimony online:
http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/measure_indiv.aspx?billtype=HB&billnumber=2380&year=2014

Testimony can also be emailed to WALtestimony at capitol.hawaii.gov

This recent report from the IUCN highlights the need to protect these
animals now: http://www.iucn.org/?14311/A-quarter-of-sharks-and-rays-threatened-with-extinction

Please share with anyone else who might be interested in these issues,
and call me any time if you have questions.

Mahalo nui loa,
Nicole Lowen

Representative, 6th House District
Kailua-Kona, Holualoa, Honokohau, Kalaoa
415 S. Beretania Street, Room 328
Honolulu, HI 96813
(808) 586-8400
replowen at capitol.hawaii.gov