[MantaReport] Friday, February 21, 2014, Seven Mantas @ Garden Eel Cove

Keller Laros kellerlaros at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 15:30:22 PST 2014

Friday, February 21, 2014, Seven Mantas @ Garden Eel Cove.
I saw Peg and 3 other mantas on the day dive.
On the night dive I saw 5 female and 2 males.  Females were Peg,
Shirley, Kailey, Mango and Lisa.  Males were Vinny and Tim.
The swell was kinda big from the west so there was lots of sand
churned up along w level 2 plankton.
Eighteen boats.  Jack's x 3, Big Isle x 2, Kona Ocean Adventures x 2,
Lobo del Mar, Kona Honu, Miss Mojo, Wicked Wahine, Sunlight on Water,
Kamanu, Neptune Charlie's, Coral Reef Adventures, Kona Dive Co., and 2
inflatable launches of snorkeling scientists from the RV Falkor which
is a research vessel from Grand Cayman.
About 120 snorkelers and 60 divers in the water.
Good luck on Saturday.
Keller