[MantaReport] 8 mantas @ GEC - Saturday, January 11th

Jonathan Davis - PhotoKona.com davis at photokona.com
Sun Jan 12 13:01:17 PST 2014

Aloha!

No mantas were seen on the afternoon dive. During the surface interval we saw two mantas at the surface.

On the night dive we had 8 mantas feeding at the campfire. Plankton was very weak at a 0-1.

3 females: Koie, Vallaray and Shirley.

5 males: Blain, Ralph, Tanqueray, Kai Zed and Eli.

I counted 11 boats. 30 divers and about 50 snorkelers.

One of my divers lost his Black Atomic mask. It probably fell off the boat just off the drop-off by the center outside mooring. Of anyone happens to find it, please return to Big Island Divers. Mahalo!

Good luck tonight!

Jonathan Davis

Jonathan Davis
www.PhotoKona.com