[MantaReport] Weekend Manta Report, July 25th - 23 mantas, 27th – 18 mantas, 28th – 29 mantas, 2014

Keller Laros kellerlaros at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 01:50:45 PDT 2014

Weekend Manta Report, July 25th - 23 mantas, 27th – 18 mantas, 28th –

Friday, 7-25-14 I saw 23 mantas: Shirley Andrea Koie Mango Renata
Lefty Vicky Peg Bertha Miki Cara Sugar Ottis Kaized Eli Rusty Jordan
Bob Hayden Curly Grayer Uhane Jana.  Plankton was a 4.

Sunday 7-27-14 I saw 18 mantas: Mango. Lefty. Margo. Koie. Renata.
Vallaray. Shirley. Cara. Bertha. Peg. Melaineh. Ralph's. Mike.
Alexander. Orion. Jordan. Eli and Lee.  Plankton was a 4

Monday 7-28-14 I saw 29 mantas: Lefty, Shirley, Renata, Koie, Lee,
Linda, Lisa, Peg, Bertha, Vallaray, Mango, Mongo, Vicky, Melaineh,
Sugar, Alexander, Curly, Jordan, Bob, Uhane, Orion, Timbuktu, Ralph’s,
Hook, Tim, Grayer, KaiZed, Eli, Vinny.  Plankton was a 4.

It’s very important that we keep unnecessary lines out of the water column.

I was told that a manta, possibly Lee, was tangled in a shore divers
surface float line on the night dive at Keauhou on Saturday night.

Additionally a couple of boats used non-buoyant lines to tie up on
Friday and a manta got tangled up.  The line had to be cut. I
recovered it from the reef but none to less we need to protect the
mantas.  I didn’t see Eli on Sunday but on Monday his face looked bad.
See attached images.

Please take care of our beautiful manta rays.

Thanks

Keller