[MantaReport] Sunday, June 1, 2014, Two Mantas @ Garden Eel Cove

Keller Laros kellerlaros at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 15:32:49 PDT 2014

Sunday, June 1, 2014, Two Mantas @ Garden Eel Cove.
We had Koie cruising the reef and sand during the afternoon dive.
On the night dive she joined us after a few minutes at the light
circle and stayed for the entire dive.  She was joined by Mango about
half way through the evening.  The plankton was a solid 2.  Maybe even
a 3 by the end.  They both had a good feeding.
Koie shows signs of a recent encounter with a line of some sort on her
right pectoral fin.  Judging from the marks on her it looks like it
was thicker then fishing line.
Twelve boats. Big Isle x 2, Jack's, Kona Honu, Kona Dive Co., Kona
Naiia, Bite Me, Neptune Charlie's, Pueo Kai, Splashers, Sunlight on
Water and Wicked Wahine.
I didn't see the GoPro reported missing on Saturday night.  I'll look
again tonight.
Take care.
Keller