[MantaReport] Sunday, 3-23-14, Eight Mantas @ Garden Eel Cove

Keller Laros kellerlaros at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 15:54:38 PDT 2014

Sunday, 3-23-14, Eight Mantas @ Garden Eel Cove.
I saw 4 mantas on the afternoon dive including Koie, Jordan and Eli.
There was courtship going on and Koie was the object the male's
attention  Jordan and Eli were not part of the courtship.
On the night dive I saw Koie pursued by Lightning and Sugar.  Mango,
Peg and Lefty were the other females.  Jordan and Eli also fed at the
lights.
Forteen boats. Big Isle x 2, Jack's, Kamanu, Safari Explorer and their
inflatables, Coral Sea Adventures, Splashers, Neptune Charlie's,
Hawaii Oceanic (?), Kona Dive Co., Kona Ocean Adventures, Sunlight on
Water, Bite Me, Wicked Wahine.  Maybe more.
About 120 snorkelers and 45 scuba divers.
Plankton reached a 3.
Good luck on Monday.
Keller