[MantaReport] Monday, 5-26-14, Twelve Mantas @ Garden Eel Cove

Keller Laros kellerlaros at gmail.com
Tue May 27 02:49:23 PDT 2014

Monday, 5-26-14, Twelve Mantas @ Garden Eel Cove.
I saw 2 mantas on the afternoon dive but not well enough to get an ID.
On the night dive I saw four females and eight males.
Females were Lefty, Vallaray, Renata and Shirley.  Males were Jordan,
Blain, Timbuktu, Ralph's, Orion, Alexander, Hayden and Ho Ray.
Plankton was a 3 at the light circle.
The surface wind chop was serious. Conditions made surface activities
challenging.
There were six boats.  Big Isle x 2, (both departed before the night
dive)  Jack's, Kona Honu Kona Ocean Adventures and Blue Sea Crusies
(arrived after all other boats were leaving)  Water had calmed down by
the end of the night dive.
No sign of the missing sola light lost last week. If anyone finds the
light. Please let me know.
Have fun.  Be safe.
Keller