[MantaReport] Friday July 31, 2015, Four Mantas at Garden Eel Cove/Makako Bay.

Keller Laros kellerlaros at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 00:34:05 PDT 2015

Friday July 31,  2015, Four Mantas at Garden Eel Cove/Makako Bay.
On the night dive I saw two females, Koie and Vickey and two males Orion and Ralph's.
Plankton reached a 3 over the reef and a 1 at the lights.
Twenty Two Boats.
Jack's x 2. KOA x 2. Kamanu,  Pueo Kai. Nature School. Miss Mojo. Liquid Hi.  Big Isle x 3. Kona Honu.  Coral Reef Adventures, Wicked Wahine, Splashers, Hang Loose. Ocean Encounters. Kona Honu. Kona Dive Co. Neptune Charlie's. Torpedo Tours.
On a side bar a fishing boat dropped their anchor right in the coral south of the south buoys.   They even put a snorkeler in the water to help place the anchor. I got video of the anchor and chain right up to the boat's name and back down again which I'll share appropriately later. Shortly after that 2 more boats dropped near by and also in the coral.
I'd like this site to remain healthy but that's not gonna happen w thoughtless or incompetent operators dropping anchors on coral.