[MantaReport] Friday December 4, 2015. Ten Manta Rays at Garden Eel Cove.

Keller Laros kellerlaros at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 14:59:13 PST 2015

Friday December 4, 2015. Ten Manta Rays at Garden Eel Cove.
Saw one manta feeding on surface as we approached the site. On the afternoon dive I saw Conae.
On the night dive we had Mango. Conae Peg Curly Orion Vinny Tim Eli Nick Mike.
Really cool behavior observed tonight by 3 different mantas. What might be called "cruising" where the mantas don't flap their pectoral fins but rather just sort of slowly descend, often furling and unfurling cephalic fins.  Tonight Mango, Mike and Curly all did this singly as well as simultaneously.
Plankton reached a 2 at the lights.
Boats. Jack's x 2 Big Isle x 2. Kona Honu. Splashers. Wicked Wahine. Hawaii Oceanic. Neptune Charlies. Coral Reef Adventures,  Ocean Encounters.
Lost a black weight pocket with JFS written on it and lead inside.  If anyone finds it please let me know. Thanks.
Good luck Saturday.
Keller