[MantaReport] Friday 3-13-15, One Manta at Keauhou Bay

Keller Laros kellerlaros at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 23:41:53 PDT 2015

Friday 3-13-15, One Manta at Keauhou Bay.
Big wind from the north forced us to turn south for tonight's adventure. We had a smooth enough ride down but saw no mantas on afternoon dive.  Wallowed  in the trough during the surface interval which caused a number of personal protein spills among our passengers.
With our lights placed on 40 feet near the pinnacle we waited about 5 minutes before Amanda arrived to save the night.   She put on a great show splitting her time between the divers and the snorkelers.
Some very large sets came through. Plankton reached a four.
Four boats. Na Pali Kai. Naiia Nui.  Spirit of Kona and Makai.
7 scuba divers and 16 snorkelers.
Good luck on Saturday

Sent from my iPhone