[MantaReport] Friday, December 16, 2016. One Manta at Garden Eel Cove.

Keller Laros kellerlaros at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 22:07:55 PST 2016

Friday, December 16, 2016. One Manta at Garden Eel Cove.
BIG northwest swell.  We couldn't see mooring from surface because of turbidity. No mantas on PM dive.
On night Akari was coasting at light circle.  No plankton. Never opened her mouth and departed after about 10 minutes.  She showed up again under our stern during safety stop.
Three boats. JDL x 2 and Kona Honu Divers.
Our snorkelers think there may have been a second manta as well.
How was Keauhou?
Good luck Saturday.
Keller