[MantaReport] Thursday April 19, 2019, Fifteen Mantas at Garden Eel Cove.

Keller Laros kellerlaros at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 00:25:30 PDT 2018

Thursday April 19, 2019, Fifteen Mantas at Garden Eel Cove.
On afternoon dive I saw Peg, Gaby, Mighty Q, Winona, Tanquaray, Eli & Ralph.
On night dive they were joined by Lee Vickey Jana Koie Vicky Nick FinsUp and Takahashi. There may have been more.
About 20 Boats including BID x 3. JDL x 2 KHD. KDC BM MH HO WW CRA OS HL Kamanu Splashers and an inflatable or two.
While we were still down towards end of afternoon dive, with mantas all around, we saw an inflatable underway w a lit surfboard being pulled behind. It attracted a manta that started swimming towards the lights.  Seems like this could increase the chances of a manta getting propped again. Maybe best for mantas to
Not be underway w sub surface lights on.  What do you all think?