[MantaReport] Friday May 25, 2018, Eleven Manta Rays at Garden Eel Cove.

Keller Laros kellerlaros at gmail.com
Sat May 26 03:09:27 PDT 2018

Friday May 25, 2018, Eleven Manta Rays at Garden Eel Cove.
On afternoon dive we saw Koie and another smaller manta.
On night dive I saw eleven, maybe twelve mantas.  The seven males were Nick, Sugar, Jordan, Vinny, Reagan, Leon and FinsUp. Females were Lisa, Gaby, Koie, Shirley and maybe Melaineh. I saw a manta w a nasty healed injury in front of its right wing but I never saw the spots. Thought it might be Melaineh.
Plankton was a 3.
Lots of boats.
Cone shell was laying eggs south and makai of the circle. Last year I saw similar eggs but didn’t know who laid them. See attached image.
Also bottlenose dolphins were really loud throughout the dive.  Towards end of dive I finally had several come charging past st full speed.