[MantaReport] Monday 4-17-23, Fifteen Mantas at Garden Eel Cove.

Keller Laros kellerlaros at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 02:47:55 PDT 2023

Monday 4-17-23, Fifteen Mantas at Garden Eel Cove.
I was snorkeling but saw Akari, Jana, Amanda, Bertha, Vallaray, Q, Gaby, Cara, Chloe, Shea, Jordan, Tim, Kenzie, Queenie and Kai-Zed who was trailing a nasty piece of monofilament fishing line slicing in on his dorsal area above and just behind his mouth.  I got cutting tool but couldn't get close enough to remove it. Please keep an eye out.
Plankton on surface was slow to build. Seemed like good feeding down at campfire.  Plankton got really thick up top later including 1.5" clear eel like critters and the mantas feasted.
Good luck Tuesday.