[MantaReport] 7 Mantas at GEC 8/16

Info@KDC info at konadivingcompany.com
Sun Aug 17 15:21:53 PDT 2014

Aloha Manta People!

7 Mantas at GEC on Saturday, 8/16.

Conditions were choppy and really windy, even after sunset. About 40 divers and 60 snorkelers.
I counted 4 males and 3 females yesterday.
Males: Nick, Eli, Ralph's and Independence.
Females: Peg, Vicky, and Mango
Plankton was maybe 1 on the planktometer.

Mantas weren't really feeding consistently. Vicky was swimming slowly above the campfire, just opening and closing her cephalic fins.
We didn't have more than 2 mantas as the campfire at any given time. As I was cruising back to the boat, I notice that one of the boat that run double charters left a light box in between the campfire and the north ball, but I didn't see any mantas above those lights. Then I saw Eli, Mango, Indie, Peg and Ralph's hang all together in the dark by the north mooring. What a weird night.
Hopefully we'll get more plankton tonight!

Jordan Davis.

MPRF/ KDC