[MantaReport] mantas at GEC-01oct2014

luke mason octofishboy at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 13:23:03 PDT 2014

Aloha all,
T'was a beautiful evening in the cove albeit with a steadily building north west, we were still able to utilize the regular campfire and i counted

41 manta; Big Bertha, Lefty, Valla ray, Cara, Emma, Conae, Margo, Rebecca, Lisa, Shirley, Vicky, Koie, Delaney, Renata,
                 Bob, Alex, Takahashi, Sugar, Kai Zed, Lobes, Uhane Nui, Hayden, Curly, Rusty, Ralph, Ho, Lightning, Doug, Vinny, Grayer, Tim, Ralph, Eli, Nick, Hans, orion, Keniki, Blain, Timbuktu, Jordan, Ola'i.

There were probably about 16 boats, 25 divers 75 snorkliers, plankton was not as dense as you might expect, only reaching a 3 in parts of the campfire.

I am sure there were more mantas that I did not see, maybe one of the dozen or so that stayed off shore with KOA? feel free to add some names, it might create a record.

A hui hou for the weekend,
Luke, kona diving co.