[MantaReport] Sunday 10-19-14. Eight Mantas at Garden Eel Cove

Keller Laros kellerlaros at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 11:20:22 PDT 2014

Sunday 10-19-14. Eight Mantas at Garden Eel Cove

No mantas a clear water on the afternoon dive.

During the surface interval we had a few sightings between the boats.

On the night dive plankton was minimal and had a few fly byes.  Eventually
they kinda stayed.  I saw Mango Margo Lefty Tim  Nick Grayer Ho  and
Ralph's.

Nine boats. Big Isle x 2. Jack's. Kona Honu. Honu Sport KOA Kona Naiia.
Wicked Wahine and a fishing boat w I name on the stern w snorkeler.
Good luck Monday.
Keller

Also, during our underwater tour after the mantas, on September 15 I shot
video of this fish that I'd never seen before.  Come to find our it's a
Bignose Unicorn fish, Naso vlamingii.  After checking with Jack Randall,
John Hoover and the Bishop Museum we find out that it's the first time it's
ever been seen in Hawaii.  Keep your eyes open.  There may be more.

Sent from my iPhone