[MantaReport] FW: 15 mantas at GEC on 9/25/14

Info@KDC info at konadivingcompany.com
Fri Sep 26 19:34:37 PDT 2014

From: Yarden Davis [mailto:liquidiveproductions at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Yarden Davis
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2014 4:11 PM
To: Info at KDC
Subject: Fwd: 15 mantas at GEC on 9/25/14

Begin forwarded message:
From: Yarden Davis <yarden at mantapacific.org<mailto:yarden at mantapacific.org>>
Date: September 26, 2014 at 16:00:27 HST
To: mantareport at mantapacific.org<mailto:mantareport at mantapacific.org>
Subject: 15 mantas at GEC on 9/25/14
Aloha!

I counted 3 female mantas:
Shirley, Rebecca, and Lisa (who I saw on the first dive as well; she cruised with my divers for about 5 minutes).

There were 12 males:
Tanqueray, Doug, Bob, Curly, Eli, Rusty, Nick, Sugar, Blain, Grayer, Stevie and Maximus.

Conditions were really rough. A lot strong wind, rain and of some descent wind chop.
Plankton at about 3.5 on the surface and it looked like maybe a little less on the bottom by the campfire.

80 snorkelers and maybe 50 divers.

Boats: KDC, BID X 2, KOA X 2, KHD, Jack's X2, Wahine, Splashers, Kona Nai'a, Aloha Kona, Hang Loose, Kamanu, Sun Light, Northern Lights and maybe more I actually didn't make a list last night.

If someone can write a manta report tonight that would be great since I don't think the people that normally do it are diving tonight.

Have fun,

Jordan Davis

KDC/ MPRF