[MantaReport] Monday, April 27, 2015, Nine Mantas at Keauhou Bay

Keller Laros kellerlaros at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 12:10:05 PDT 2015

This report comes with the help of Harriet, Seth and Neal who saw and videoed more mantas then I did.

On the afternoon dive I saw Lee twice.  I also saw her a couple of times on the night dive.  I never found a gathering of mantas and it seemed that plankton was weak there in front of the Sheraton.
During the dive Ryan indicated to me that the current was moving plankton south and that at one point she videoed a snorkeler w a red cylume  grab onto a mantas back and frightened it away.  That's too bad.

Seth reports Nick, Spatter and Orion.

Neal had Amanda Jana and a large female.

Harriet on Hula Kai reported from her experience where they anchored further south Jana, Kailey, Lee, Amanda, Lefty and Mango with plankton pretty thick at times.

So I guess that's nine mantas.  Did I miss any?

The boats I saw included Big Isle x 3, Jacks x 2. KHD. KOA. KDC. SOW. Kamanu. Hula Kai. Hokuhele. Noa Noa. Breeze. Coral Reef Adventures. Spirit of Kona. Splashers. Neptune Charlie's. Hang Loose. Kona Naia. My Kona Adventure (little red n white boat).  Kini Kini.   So I think that's 22. Did I miss any.

Good luck Tuesday.

Keller