[MantaReport] 2 mantas at Keauhou Sat 2/21

Front Desk frontdesk at konadivingcompany.com
Sun Feb 22 13:15:33 PST 2015

Aloha!

I saw 2 female mantas at Keauhou yesterday: Amanda and Vallaray.

20 divers, about a 100 snorkelers.
12  Boats:
KDC , Coral Reef, Ocean Encounters, Kona Honu, Jack's X1 KOA X1 Ocean Spirit, Aloha Ocean Excursions/Sea Rafting Hawaii (Kris Henry's boat), Splashers, Sunlight, Hula Kai, Hoku Hale, and maybe a few more.
Plankton as weak at the beginning but picked up towards the end, I would say 2 on the planktometer on the surface.
Conditions were very rough with large sets every few minutes. The wind did die down around sunset, but the ride home was very bumpy.
I thought it was really nice to see everyone work together last night despite the rough conditions, and I think everyone got a nice show even with just 2 mantas!

Good Luck tonight,

Jordan Davis