[MantaReport] Friday, March 20, 2014, Three Mantas at Keauhou Bay.

Keller Laros kellerlaros at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 00:37:38 PDT 2015

Friday, March 20, 2014, Three Mantas at Keauhou Bay.
I saw Big Bertha and Nick on Afternoon dive.
On night dive it was sort of a repeat of Thursday in that several boats deployed their snorkelers in the boat channel and not at the dive site.
Fortunately we delayed our dive long enough that the mantas came back to the dive site after the snorkelers departed.  It seems that the mantas came to a group of divers in the rubble on the north edge of the dive site.  After about 20 minutes the mantas settled down and put on a nice show for the scuba divers and snorkelers  who were still there.
I saw Big Bertha, Jana and Nick for sure.  Sarah thinks she may have seen Lee and Csilla as well but she didn't get any images.
Plankton reached a 3 by the end of the dive.
Sixteen boats. Jacks x 2. KDC. KOA. SOW Neptube Charlie's. Hoku Hele. Hula Kai.  Kini Kini.  Kamanu. Splashers.  Aloha Kona. Coral Reef Adventures.  Hang Loose. Pueo Kai. Ocean Master.
Did I miss any?
Good luck Saturday.
Keller.

Sent from my iPhone