[MantaReport] 3/21/14 - 4Manta at Keauhou Bay

Info@KDC info at konadivingcompany.com
Sun Mar 22 14:23:42 PDT 2015

Aloha,

Saturday  3/21/15, 4 mantas at Keauhou Bay.

Over all nice conditions with some larger sets coming through. Plankton reached a 3 at the north side of the site by the boat channel on the rubble/ dead finger coral.

So many boats came in and out, so I didn't keep track (KDC, BID X 3 Jack's X 3 KHD, Coral Reef, Hula Kai, Neptune Charlie, Mojo, Sunlight, Wahine, Splashers, one small fishing boat and that small unnamed aluminum catamaran, but I'm sure there were more, sorry if I missed your boat)

I would say 150 snorkelers and 60 divers.

Four mantas:

Male- Eli

Females: Amanda, Jana, Lee

We also had a clean baby turtle.

>From what I saw, the boats that got in early played together nicely (and not in the boat channel).

Right when we got in the water, that small unnamed aluminum catamaran came out and did their thing (drifting with flood lights on) they drifted to the boat channel and all the other snorkelers that were still in the water followed them. Luckily we had a lot of lights on the bottom so the mantas came back to us, forcing the snorkelers to snorkel above us (and not in the boat channel!)

Good luck on tonight!

Jordan