[MantaReport] Monday March 23, 2015, Two Mantas at Keauhou Bay.

Keller Laros kellerlaros at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 23:49:29 PDT 2015

Monday March 23, 2015, Two Mantas  at Keauhou Bay.
I saw Amanda on the afternoon dive.  On the night dive I saw 2 mantas up beneath the snorkel floats but could only ID Amanda. Anyone ID the other?  The show was weak mostly consisting of wondering mantas that would occasionally stop for a few flips when they found plankton worthy of their efforts.
Plankton was slow to gather but eventually reached a 1 at our bottom lights.
Twenty Five Boats.  Big Isle x 3, Jack's x 2. Breeze. Spirit of Kona.  Makai. Noa Noa. Aloha Kona. Kona Nai'ia. Pueo Kai. Kamanu, Hula Kai, Hoku Hele, SOW,  KHD, KOA,  Slashers,  Wicked Wahine,  Coral Reef, Miss Mojo, Neptune and the small aluminum power cat.  Two private fibber glass boats.
Did I miss any?  I haven't herd if there were mantas north.
Good luck Tuesday.
Keller