[MantaReport] Monday 10-26-15, Three Mantas at Keauhou Bay. Zero at Garden Eel Cove.

Keller Laros kellerlaros at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 23:55:05 PDT 2015

Monday 10-26-15, Three Mantas at Keauhou Bay.  Zero at Garden Eel Cove.
I saw Kenzie on the afternoon dive. On the night dive I saw Koie Kenzie and Amanda. Plankton reached a 3 at our light circle Lehigh was established at 40' on the rubble on the western edge of the dive site.
20. Boats.  BID x 3. JDL x 2. KDC. SOW. WW. NC. HO. Kona Naiia. Kini Kini. Hula Kai. Hoku Hele. Blue Sea Cruises. Makai. Splashers. Double Hull canoe. The aluminum power cat w high beams shinning. A white mono hull. Did I miss any?
One group nearly had an anchor dropped on them towards the very end of the afternoon dive. The boat that dropped had a snorkeler in the water but they couldn't see the divers below.  I suggest that when it gets really late in the afternoon and dun is setting guides still underwater should have a dive light on to make them more visible.
I hear no mantas at garden eels tonight.
Good luck Tuesday.
Keller