[MantaReport] Friday 10-30-15, One Manta at Garden Eel Cove

Keller Laros kellerlaros at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 00:05:23 PDT 2015

Friday 10-30-15, One Manta at Garden Eel Cove.
Conditions were not awful but there were some big sets that came through.
No mantas or monk seals on dive one.
On night dive we used deep circle.  (Nice new light configuration Big Island Divers!)
Since manta was early last night we entered by 6:30. Waited about 5 mins before Tanque-Ray swam past outside of circle.  He made a few more such passes but never opened his mouth.  We commenced our tour and had him swimming peacefully in the dark. That is until my lame brained diver floated up and head butted the manta then he went away for good.
I'm really sorry you guys.
Good luck on Saturday.
Keller