[MantaReport] Sunday, March 11, 2018, Eight Mantas @ Garden Eel Cove.

Keller Laros kellerlaros at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 01:56:32 PDT 2018

Sunday, March 11, 2018, Eight Mantas @ Garden Eel Cove.
I saw Koie and one other on the afternoon dive.  Before the night dive Jim and Flipper on NC informed us a manta looked like it had monofilament fishing line. I took scissors on the night dive in addition to my usual Fogcutter tool.
On the night dive I saw 3 females and 5 males.
Females were Koie, Vicky and Peg.  Males were Jordan, Nick, FinsUp, Regan and Eli who had horrible fresh injury from a propeller to his right pectoral fin.
Since it’s mostly on the rest I’m hopeful it will heal.  Images attached.
Captains, please enter and exit dive site at a slow speed.  Post a lookout.  Never use subsurface lights near your propellers.  Poor Eli.
Seventeen boats.
BID x 3. KOA x 2. JDL KHD KDC KA SOW MH SE CRA BM TT and NC and I think an inflatable.
Plankton was a weak 2.
Good luck Monday.