[MantaReport] Friday 2-8-19, Four Mantas @ Garden Eel Cove.

Keller Laros kellerlaros at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 00:56:48 PST 2019

Friday 2-8-19, Four Mantas @ Garden Eel Cove.
The National Weather Service issued a storm warning for the entire state for the weekend.
Wind was gusty at Honokohau but not too bad.  Large rollers as we rounded Keahole point about 4pm. Not quite windy enough for whites in Makako Bay. But really close.
No mantas on afternoon dive and wind had strengthened.  Made boarding the boat challenging.
On night dive we used deep circle and had Renata Leon Alexia and Mighty Q feeding on level 2 plankton.
Only 5 boats.  JDL KDC OE SOW and an inflatable that arrived late.
Super challenging getting back on board after night dive as the wind was swinging the boat back and forth.
Interesting enough there was no wind when we got back to Honokohau.  Go figure.
Good luck Saturday.  Be safe.
Keller

Sent from my iPhone