[MantaReport] Saturday, February 1, 2014, twenty-six mantas at garden eel cove

david marchand attigny at yahoo.fr
Sun Feb 2 01:44:54 PST 2014

Aloha,

We had a great first dive at Garden Eel Cove where we were able to count 11 manta rays at once coming early for the "big buffet".
At night we counted 26 hungry manta rays at the campfire. Plankton was very good.
11 males: Vinny, Grayer, Ho Ray, Tim, Timbuktu, Sugar, Ralph's, Curly, Cpt Mike, Bob N'Ray, Rusty.
15 females: Vicky, Koie, Lefty, Who Ray, Cara, Vallaray, Delaney, Renata, Lisa, Margo, Mango, Melainah, Peg, Shirley and Emma.
Who Ray seemed to have a bulging abdominal region. She may be pregnant?

30-40 divers, a bunch of snorkelers.
a dozen of boats out there.

Good luck sunday

David, KDC