[MantaReport] 35 Mantas @ GEC - Thursday, July 10th

Jonathan Davis - PhotoKona.com davis at photokona.com
Fri Jul 11 12:06:14 PDT 2014

Aloha!

Great show at garden eel cove last night!

On the afternoon dive I saw Shirley getting cleaned by the south moorings. Snorkelers reported 7 mantas at the surface.

On the night dive I counted 35 mantas feeding on heavy plankton.

15 females: Cara, Koie, Rebekah, Mango, Vicky, Lefty, Lisa, Big Bertha, Vallaray, Peg, Melainah, Delaney, Shirley, Emma and Linda.

20 Males: Curly, Kai-zed, Sugar, Bob n' Ray, Hayden, Scar, Vinny, Grayer, Captain Mike, Nick, Independence, Eli, Otis, Miles, Tanqueray, Hook, Lightning, Lobes, Kawika and Keniki.

I counted 16 boats, 40 divers and about twice as many snorkelers.

Good luck tonight!

Mahalo,

Jonathan Davis

Jonathan Davis