[MantaReport] Friday, July 11, 2014, Twenty Six Mantas @ Garden Eel Cove & Hans Needs Help!

Keller Laros kellerlaros at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 13:03:43 PDT 2014

Friday, July 11, 2014, Twenty Six Mantas @ Garden Eel Cove
On the afternoon dive I saw 5 mantas together but was only able to ID Ralph's.
On the night dive we identified Kailey, Koie, Bertha, Shirley, Lefty,
Lisa, Vicky, Peg, Delany, Mango, Ralph's, Mike, Eli, Hans, Timbuktu,
Grayer, Hayden, Independence, Kai-Zed, Vinny, Curly, Scar, Cara,
Vallaray, Sugar and Lightning.
boats.  Jack's x 3, Big Isle x 3, Kona Ocean Adventures x 2, Kona
Honu, Torpedo Tours, Hawaii Oceanic, Coral Reef Adventures, Splashers,
Wicked Wahine, Neptune Charlie's, Sunlight on Water, Kamanu and an
aluminum power catamaran.
Plankton was a little show to gather at the light but was a 3+ by the
end  of the dive.
Hans needs help!.  His cephalic fin has fishing line wrapped around it
and he needs it cut free. It looked really snug so I went up and got a
pair of scissors.  When Ryan, Chris and I tried approach him he took
off.
Please be prepared to help him on Saturday.