[MantaReport] Monday 1-7-19, Eight Manta Rays at Garden Eel Cove.

wendyjlaros at icloud.com wendyjlaros at icloud.com
Tue Jan 8 00:07:21 PST 2019

Monday 1-7-19, Eight Manta Rays at Garden Eel Cove.
Saw a manta out side the harbor above the green can as we drove up to Keahole.
Didn’t see any mantas on afternoon dive.
On night dive I saw Koie, Mighty Q, Lee Regan Nick and Sugar and Curly chasing Vicky in classic courtship behavior.
The mantas for the most part fed on weak level 2 plankton at the light circle.
Koie looks to have a marine leech attached by her left pelvic fin.
15 boats including JDL x 2.  BID x 3.  KHD KDC OE NC HO HL Kamanu KOA and a few more.
Good luck Tuesday.
Best fishes
Keller

.